Thursday 26 October 2017

Book Review: Nevermore by Kelly Creagh (Nevermore #1)



Title: Nevermore

Author: Kelly Creagh

Series: Nevermore #1

Publication Date: 31 August 2010

Publisher: Atheneum Books

Goodreads | Amazon






Summary:



Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look. 

Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life. 

As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares. 

His life depends on it.


My Thoughts:


Yes, You're not mistaken, after having this book on my to-read list for the last 4 years, in March 2017 I finally read it. It's actually quite a random story, how I finally started it and if you're up for it, you can read it here! Anyway, let me get back to the story!

First of all, it's one hell of confusing, but at the same time, very very interesting & intriguing. If you're a big fan of Edgar Alan Poe, then this should be for you! Me? Let's say that after reading this books I'm once again open to the idea to read his works and reread them once again after 10 years. And yes I was 12 when I first read him, and only Raven got my interest... Meet Isobel, your normal high school student, she's blond, a cheerleader and dates the football player. BTW, I know all the stereotypes about the cheerleaders and let's say I have no clue if it's correct, I never studied in U.S., and none of my U.S. friends are chearleaders or they didn't tell me. In short You'll either love, hate or won't have any opinion about Izzy at all. Me? Well, I enjoyed her. She was interesting, and it was tryly fascinating reading how her character developed. Let's say that she strays away from the stereotype, but not fully. She stillI still wanted to strangle her for not reading. But then again she came up with something truly awesome for the project. 

Now, before I wrap up the review, let me introduceyou to Varen, hopefully I'm correct with his name. HE was an enigma shrouded in myserty and I was his fan to the end. He was both straighforeardd and at the same time talked in riddles. If you think you'll know what's happening in the world Kelly Creagh described to us, please email me. Im still in some kind of frenzy. I have some answeres, but as alwas I have too many new questions!

The idea of introducing a dark, myseterious dream world was fascinating. Though, it was a bit limited as the author tried to build characters more, it was stull interesting and that ending! I'm once agin pissed off at cliffhanger. Bu i already have the second book, so see you soon with the review!

Enjoy it to your heart's content and don't forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for mroe reviews as well as prmos! Don\t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie 

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment