Monday 28 August 2017

Manga Review: Legend of Princess Sakura by Arina Tanemura


Title: Legend of Princess Sakura
Original Title: Sakura-Hime Kaden
Author: Arina Tanemura
Artist: Arina Tanemura

Year of Release: 2008
Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Mystery, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 55

Volumes & Chapters:

12 Volumes in Total


Summary


My Thoughts


Review covers xx chapters 

I bet you’re wondering, so she has finally found time to review this shoujo too! Okay, let's be honest here. I was putting it aside, because it had yet to finish uploading on manga fox (remember, that it’s 2016 for me) but one day becase I just got too interesting i started reading it. Yeah, I wanted to kick myself, but once started I just couldn’t stop, and the because the hopeless manga addict I am, I was sulking for a month until back in May I made myself a present by buying several volumes of Bleach, Last volume of Library Wars (The review is already on the blog!!), two volumes of Bloody Cross (I thought there were only 10, apparently there are 12, I still have to get last 2) and the last 4 volumes of today’s story! 

But enough with that rambling and let me get to the story! I love it! I Loved it a lot!! it was a historical shoji romance with awesome plot as well as lots of action and plot twists. Who would want more? Another plus to the story is its fantastic art! And sometimes, no let me just say that the chips are just really cute and fun in this story! Maybe not cuter that in Orange Marmalade and Love Celeb, but they were really great. I even put the first 8 volumes in my to-buy-once-you-get-your-own-place list. Yes, this manga is worth reading as a paperback. But then again, no matter how used I am to my iPad and e-reading paperback is still a different world for me. And I’m totally sad that not a lot of people get the idea of a paperback, but that’s a topic for another day!

Let me explain briefly what we have here. Meet Sakura-hime, an orphan who is the fiancé of the prince of the expire. She has never seen him, and even though she says she hates him she actually loves him a lot! Now, let’s meet price Aoba, a character that made me change my opinion about his so many times I was truly confused. But let’s just say that I wouldn’t have shipped Sakura with anyone else except him. Plus he loved her without any back thought. And don’t remember the beginning, get to the end. *smiles

Now, let me explain the action part. our Sakura is not entirely human and well our  and well our protagonists are a war with demons and Sakura is in the middle of it as she also can become one. Will she? Or will she take he human’s side? That’s for you to find out. Let me just briefly introduce you to the “villain” of our story, thought I associate him with  the victim the most. The true villain is the emperor. He’s one sick bastard. But let’s talk a bit about Enjoy. But now that I think about it, I don’t want to spoil anything about him, I’ll just say tat I truly do pity him as all of his follows betray him in one or another way. But find out about it by yourself.

Now, let’s touch the ending a bit, and I’ll end it here as the plane just landed and I ned to get off. I was looking forward to a happy ending. But at some point I really thought the author would ed it in a drama. How does Sakura’s story end? Does she get to be with the love of her life? Find out for yourself. Trust me you won’t be disappointed! I wasn’t\t! Enjoy it and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! DOn’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie 

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment