Thursday 31 August 2017

Book Review: Fashionably Dead Down Under by Robyn Peterman (Hot Damned #2)



Title: Fashionably Dead Down Under

Author: Robyn Peterman

Series: Hot Damned #2

Publication Date: 27 March 2014

Publisher: - 







Summary:



Welcome to Hell.
Literally.
The Hell where the Prince of Darkness is hotter than Hades, Hell Hounds smell like brownies and the Seven Deadly Sins are addicted to Facebook... Not to mention the soundtrack in the Underworld is Journey. For real.

I should have known no good could come from offing my parents in the space of twenty minutes no matter how psychotic and evil they were…

Now I find out my family tree includes almost every deity and mythological being alive while Ethan, the one and only love of my undead life has a limited time down under before he turns to dust. In the land of Sin, you’d think I’d get some nookie time with my man, but no. Baby Demons, cousins and grandparents put the kibosh on that. Blue balls are the new normal. What the hell does a half-Vampyre Half-Demon have to do to catch a break?

Apparently find a freakin’ sword, calm Mother Nature’s unmedicated mood swings and make sure Mister Rogers keeps his sticky fingers to himself during weekly poker with the Devil.

And I have three days to do it.

By all that’s unholy, I thought Ethan’s Vampyre family was crazy…Trust me, they have nothing on the Demons.


My Thoughts:


I promised to review the next books in Hot damned series and I’m opening up a full marathon of Robyn Peterman’s books, so get ready for a month or so of me trying to review her hilarious novels and hopefully not failing miserably. Now let me explain the failing miserably part. Let me tell you the truth, no matter how many times I will try to explain all the great parts of the book if you do not read it yourself you won’t get it and trust me you don’t want to miss the insanity that this book brings.

Now, as always I started reading the series when I had other series to finish first, but because I’m talking about summer 2016, and especially July 2016, when my patience was running rather thin because everyone was just pissing me off, and my lack of sleep didn’t help either, I need something that would put my mind and brain somewhere else, possibly very, very far away. And who other than Robyn Peterman? The writing can resurrect the dead, but then they’ll laugh so hard… okay, back to the topic. Have you read the first book  - Fashionably Dead?? If not, check it on my blog and get it as soon as possible, it’s free on Amazon. Now, if you need to freshen up your memory. We left on (Spoiler ahead) Astrid (That’s the protagonist who’s half-vampire half-demon with some awesome mojo) being hauled “down” to hell because she killed both her parents. Don’t worry they deserved it. So now Astrid is in Hell and Satan himself, who you’ll love a lot, tells her that she’s going to be there until he deems appropriate for her to leave.

But where’s the insanity you ask? why are you so impatient, you’ll be screaming and laughing so hard once you get to Astrid family tree. Let’s start from the lesser evil. ApparentlySatan is her uncle, she has 8 cousins from his side, 7 being deadly sins. I’m starting to remember that anime and manga, sorry that was off topic. So you’d think that’s it, each, let’s discuss Satan’s parents and his brother. Any ideas? Now, I’m thinking of leaving you in the dark and just let you read the insanity yourself. Unfortunately, the last two people who I tried to explain what the heck was going on in the book called the psych ward. *kidding oh, wait, the ambulance is here…

Well, until they take e away let me just tell you that if you thought Fashionably Dead was hilarious, it has nothing on today’s pick. Get to know Astrid’s family, but better said get to know Hell. It’s one peachy place to be, but beware as there’s danger lurking all around and Astrid wither foul mouth is there to rule it out and give everyone a piece of her mind. Oh, and a small advice, don’t read the book uncrowded places, or you know what read it, who cares if you fall from the chair because it’s too fun. enjoy it and don’t forget to share our thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

P.S.


Yupii, I wasn’t taken to the psych ward… so, see you next week with something interesting! 

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment