Monday 31 July 2017

Manga Review: A Devil and Her Love Song by Miyoshi Toumori


Title: A Devil and Her Love Song
Original Title: Akuma to Love Song
Author: Miyoshi Toumori
Artist: Miyoshi Toumori

Year of Release: 2007
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Psychological, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Status: Completed (not fully uploaded)
Chapters (Translated in English): 91

Volumes & Chapters:

13 Volumes in Total


Summary


Akuma to Love Song revolves around an unusual girl, Kawai Maria who was expelled from her previous school, St.Katria Girls' School, and soon transfers to Touzuka High School, a public school with low standards. Her sharp tongue and straightforward personality often leads everyone else to hate her with the exception of two handsome boys who eventually get involved with her. With a devil's aura like hers and an arrogant facade to pair it up with, it's just too hard to be understood. And so Maria needs to deal with bullying, adjusting, fitting in and romance. Just how will a devil like her cope with all these predicaments?

My Thoughts


Review covers 91 chapters 

I wrote this review right after my trip to Bucharest. Why am I specifying this? Well, you might remember a post that I did back then. Yup, about Romania and its love for bookshops. Okay, let's say that it was the day my boyfriend at that time came with me and he said those amazing words: "There's an awesome bookshop, want to check it out?" I actually liked the guy even more at that time. So, without further ado, I went straight to the manga corner and it was awesome when I saw the last volume of this story. I have been waiting for a really long time for it. And my boyfriend was kind enough to roam the bookshop while I was reading it. 

But let's get to the story. I loved it a lot, however, the ending was quite disappointing. I mean I was looking forward to a normal conclusion, but I got the whole: "and they might live happily ever after but you do not get to see it." Awful? Yup, quite... But before I spoil everything for you let me tell you more about the story itself. The story follows a young girl - Maria who's very straightforward and has very fun facial expressions. She has lots of problems with making friends but one of her classmate's teachers her how to do a lovely transformation. And from that, our story full of romance, heart-break and different family issues start. We get to see how different choices change the course of lives of non-related people.

Are you ready to get acquainted with Maria, Shin and Many other fabulous characters? are you ready for a roller-coaster of immense feelings! Enjoy it to your fullest and don't forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don't miss your next favourite bok or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie



Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment