Thursday 6 July 2017

Book Review: A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers (A Little Too Far #1)


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: A Little Too Far

Author: Lisa Desrochers

Publication Date: 17 September 2013

Publisher: HarperCollins







Summary:



Have you ever gone just a little too far?

Lexie Banks has.

Yep. She just had mind-blowing sex with her stepbrother. In her defense, she was on the rebound, and it’s more of a my-dad-happened-to-marry-a-woman-with-a-super-hot-son situation. But still, he’s been her best friend and confidant for the better part of the last few years … and is so off limits. It’s a good thing she’s leaving in two days for a year abroad in Rome.

But even thousands of miles away, Lexie can’t seem to escape trouble. Raised Catholic, she goes to confession in hopes of alleviating some of her guilt … and maybe not burning in hell. Instead, she stumbles out of the confessional and right into Alessandro Moretti, a young and very easy-on-the-eyes deacon … only eight months away from becoming a priest. Lexie and Alessandro grow closer, and when Alessandro’s signals start changing despite his vow of celibacy, she doesn’t know what to think. She’s torn between falling in love with the man she shouldn’t want and the man she can’t have. And she isn’t sure how she can live with herself either way.
 


My Thoughts:


I don’t really remember how this book appeared in my iBook’s library, but it did and as I was trying to distract myself I started reading it. Here’s the thing I was okay how it began, but at some point, I was just thinking “what the hell? Will it really turn out the way I’m thinking?”

In short, the main heroine that being Lexie first sleeps with her stepbrother, I actually didn’t have any problems with that, after reading a number of Japanese mangas on the similar topic I was quite used to it, but what really made me think: “what the fuck? Was the direction Lexie was going with Alessandro – that’s a soon to be a priest. See where I’m heading?

It’s true I’m not very religious; I’ve been to a church last time maybe a year ago and even then it was a tourist attraction not to pray. However, I do take it pretty seriously when I read books where there’s religion intervened. Therefore, for me all that was a bit ridiculous. I know they also have normal human rights and if it was not an adult romance book I would have been very wine with it, but not here. I don’t even want to read how his story turned out in the end…

Therefore, if you can stomach it, enjoy it to its fullest and if you loved it or had the similar thought share them below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie


My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment