Saturday 23 July 2016

Mini Manga Review: Sadist in the House by Sumire Kojima




Title: Sadist in the House
Original Title: Do S na Oniichan to no Atarashii Koi no Hajimekata Oshiete Kudasai!
Author: Sumire Kojima
Artist: Sumire Kojima

Year of Release: Aug 3, 2012 - Jun 21, 2013
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 6.5

Volumes & Chapters: 

1 Volume in Total


Summary


Shiori's dad remarries and she couldn't be happier. Not only has she gained a new mom, but a hot, older, yet sadistic brother as well?!

Note: The manga was previously named as Ie no Naka no S na Koto


My Thoughts


Don't forget to join the fun on 19th of August! Join the 3rd blogaversary for Katie's Corner Here!

Review covers 6.5 chapters 

Hi, everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I have something short but very awesome for you. I have read it twice and both of the times loved it. It’s true I’m a total sucker for hot boys in the books and especially comics, therefore, me ogling them on my walls crept out pretty much all of my previous boyfriends. Okay, I guess I’m going off the topic right now, but who cares. *sobs

I remember I started reading the story because I liked the title. But then again who wouldn’t it’s quite short and the plot may not be all that unique: parents get married so now newly appointed siblings have to get along. But what f they do not want to be siblings? Yup, that’s a short summary of the story, but as I have mentioned the art is just too fantastic to be real, therefore, don’t get mad if you’ll have problems reading older manga later. I had for a short time as I knew that there is much better art out there.

However, this story made me think about the whole siblings relationship. I mean, in the past the incestuous relationships is some countries were quite okay. However, if you look at our case, Shiori and  Miyumu are not fully siblings, they have different mother and father, therefore, will it be okay if they marry? They are siblings only because their parents got married, therefore from the paperwork they are the siblings… see… I’m totally confused. What do you think?

Enjoy it and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment