Friday 15 July 2016

Book Review : The Crown by Kiera Cass (Selection #5)


Title: The Crown

Author: Kiera Cass

Series: The Selection #5

Publication Date: May 3, 2016

Publisher: HarperTeen



Summary:


When Eadlyn became the first princess of Illéa to hold her own Selection, she didn’t think she would fall in love with any of her thirty-five suitors. She spent the first few weeks of the competition counting down the days until she could send them all home. But as events at the palace force Eadlyn even further into the spotlight, she realizes that she might not be content remaining alone.

Eadlyn still isn’t sure she’ll find the fairytale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…and soon Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more impossible—and more important—than she ever imagined.


My Thoughts:


Don't forget to join the fun on 19th of August! Join the 3rd blogaversary for Katie's Corner Here!

Ho, ho, ho… it’s not Christmas now at the moment that I’m writing the review and I’m pretty sure it’s not even Winter now that the review is live. You know I’ll be actually putting it earlier then expected. And that’s middle of summer 2016. It should have gone live in 2017, but, I just can’t wait to share my thoughts with you. Once I finish this I’ll have to adjust my very well thought schedule… *sobs.

Okay, whatever is one is done and I’m live right now in the middle of July. Therefore, if you have yet to start this series, check out my reviews for Selection, Elite, The One and The Heir, before jumping into the final book. it’s a final one as I have heard and I doubt there would have been anything interesting to write about. Okay I’m lying here I really would have liked to read how Eady and her chosen one were reigning. Did you just think that I wouldn’t spoil the book? don’t get excited, I’ll be announcing the prince consort shortly…* grins. Come one you had around two months to read the book and find of who it was. I don’t know if I voiced the suspicion in the previous review – The Heir but my instinct was spot on. I mean, who in their right mind would introduce the cutest and the most charming character in the side-lines without giving him some major limelight? Definitely not me, and apparently Ms. Cass had the same ideas!

But before I spoil everything let me talk about Eadlyn. It’s the truth and I didn’t like her and I was even doubting why the author didn’t end the series on book 3, but here’s the thing, as soon as I got the sequel, I forgot that I still had some other, more urgent books to read, I dove straights into it. And trust me I loved it! It showed how Eadlyn grew as a person as well as a ruler. She made a number of decisions that really made me proud of her, and those last 7 minutes when she debates whether to follow her heart are the best 7 minutes that were ever descried in the book. it’s the truth that the ultimate love confession for me is Cynthia Hand’s Unearthly Series, and nothing can compare to that yet, but the moment when Eady realized who she is in love with, could be quite on par. So, let’s make the countdown and find our prince consort! Kile – her childhood friend, I thought she would have chosen him, and the old Eadlyn would have in the situation she got in, but the new Eady was smarter. I’ll be skipping a lot of guys, lets just say that you’ll finally get Ean, he’s cool and Hale will be leaving us. Henry, our sweet and cute henry, he was on the verge of getting the prize, but he just had to point out the obvious 7 minutes before the announcement: Eadlyn was in love, but now with him. I’m quite sure you have all guessed who that is, if not, I’ll use his given name, so you’ll at least read and search until you find it. And that’s Eikko.

Please tell me you remember him… otherwise, shame on you! Sorry for all the rumbling. But I truly loved the book and you will too I you give it a chance. See how Eadlyn grows and watch how Illea make another great step! Enjoy it to your fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment