Tuesday 9 February 2016

Book Review: Found by Jason Smith




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Found

Author: Jason Smith

Publication Date: 13 May 2015

Publisher: MaxQ Enterprise

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:



Not all the good in the world is known—the same can be said for the bad. People, places and events that seem random, really aren’t. 
How are we to know whose lives will be affected, or destroyed? Will one wrong move make the difference? Will one bad decision end somebody’s life? 
No one knows what will be lost—or who will be Found. 


My Thoughts:


When I first got this book I was intrigued by the summary right away. If you think about it, it doesn’t give much about the book at first glance, however, the more you reread it, the more you are asking yourself what it is going to be about. What revelations will the author throw at us, and what will we find?

I remember I have heard or read somewhere that to truly find yourself you need to first get absolutely lost. Oh, now I remember, it was in the third Pirates of Caribbean movie. But enough with my useless banter let me briefly explain what I thought of the book. Simply put it’s fantastic. It mixes everything possible and gets you right in the core. Are you ready for fantasy, suspense, bits of thriller and a really great doze of humor?

Have you ever had the series of awful days? Yes, like those that just ruin the whole course of events and you have no idea how you ended up in all that mess? If yes, you’ll understand Noah Carpenter. His relationship is ruined, he lost his job and was even pulled over for driving under the influence of alcohol. Can it get worse? I wanted to say here my cliché read-for-yourself-and-find-out sentence, but I’ll spoil a bit. It does, but then again it’s how you want it to see. Noah, meets Simon a really, really old guy, who gives him new identity and relocates him. Why the whole thing? Noah is to start a journey of redemption; he will have to help people make things right as he had miserably failed at his own previous life. 

Get to know characters that at first glance have nothing to relate to Noah, but the more you read the more you understand, or that’s what you think… Am I going to read another book by Jason Smith? Absolutely, his writing is great and you really need to think to get to the bottom of all of it! Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie


My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment