Thursday 28 January 2016

Manga Review: A Tackle on My Life by Mi-Ri Hwang




Title: A Tackle on My Life
Original Title: 
Author: Mi-Ri Hwang
Artist: Mi-Ri Hwang

Year of Release: 2008
Genres: Action, Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 57

Volumes & Chapters: 

13 Volumes in Total


Summary


Han Ga-Ram will even outwit the swindler gangs. Everything is solved when she transforms back into her unpopular highschool girl moments... Who would suspect a geek with glasses? There is only MONEY on her mind.. day and night. On the other hand, her other twin Yu Ga-Ram exists unknown to both of them. Unlike her, her sister has to bear the bullying acts of her step sister. The story unfolds when the twins try to escape their fate...

My Thoughts


Review covers 57 chapters 

Hello everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! I’m continuing with featuring Mi-Ri Hwang’s works. And if you are interested you can find all of the ones I reviewed on my blog. And more are on the way. However, it’s been harder and harder to read the works as the characters are too much alike and the plots are confusing as hell. Though, it’s a first time we get a relatively normal ending. Mostly all the works end without really ending. I’ll keep this review small, as even now as I’m writing this review, (and do take notice that I started writing it right after I finished it) I am having this one thought circulating in my mind: “What was the whole idea of this story?” yes, it’s that time when I finish reading and have no idea what I read or why I even finished reading the story altogether.

I know I might be harsh, but for me this story had absolutely no meaning. There were many issues, which I would have loved to read more about, especially the whole master issue. It lacked development. I mean it, there’s a total sadist in the story and some punk overcomes him? Come on, that’s too unrealistic! Another issue was the beginning of the story; until Vol. 4 or 5 I was so confused I didn’t get that there were two girls as the lead. It’s too confusing! Oh, and the issue of Yu Ka Ram’s death was so unresolved that I still thought that she was alive in the middle of the story. As always the family issue does appear in this story but somehow none of the issues were developed completely. But that’s my opinion.

Oh, and don’t forget that there’s a lot of fighting and bullying, which is already annoying me. 90% of the works that I read by this author has excess bullying, and the adults acting like total rags. The way the teacher acts is just idiotic and absolutely unfair. But with all those negative thoughts, one that really made me read this story to the end was actually romance. That was developed I could even say overdeveloped. I guess I really wanted to know whom she would end up with, that’s why I kept reading. I did have a laugh when she became a pirate. But if you want to find out more you’ll need to read the story yourself. I’m not disclosing a lot of spoilers here! Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below. Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss you next favourite book or manga!  Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment