Friday 22 January 2016

Book Review: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (The Infernal Devices # 1)


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Clockwork Angel

Author: Cassandra Clare

Publication date: 31th September 2010

Publisher: Simon & Shuster, Margaret, K. McElderry Books

Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble







Summary:


In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them....

Personal Thoughts:

To say the truth, the plan for this week was a bit different. Well, I had no plan, as it is the week after my final. I shouldn’t have had anything scheduled for today, but as you have guessed from my 2 weeks silence in the book review section, even the scheduled titled ddin’t go live. Mostly it was due to my lack of time to look after my blog. Even the manga corner sufferend as I had to update the reviews only last Saturday. But enough talk about that and let me get to today’s book.

I believe many of you know know it, and may even be be wondering why I am revewing it after so much time, as it was on top of my lost when I was publishing the blog. Well, I didn’t want to write the review based on my memory from 5 month (I reread the book I March 2013,, as the final book was coming out and the blog was published in August 2013), I wanted my feelings to be fresh, unstained (as much as possible) by the next books. It is a real challenge to not keep reading Infernal Devices once you start reading them. I do not know why but on the night before my final I opened this book, stayed up all night, I do hope I wrote my exam okay. However, that’s how this book is. If you are new to it, well here’s some tips how to read it. As it is a prequel to Mortal instruments you can start it even before srarting the main series, however, the way I read it was a buit different and I believe it is the right way to read it, but the choice is yours. Read the first 5 books o Mortal Instruments, then 3 books of Infernal Devices, and only afterwards the 6th book. That’s how I read it, but you can read it however you seem fit.

And now back to thoughts. I have read this book 3 times and even up till now I believe that Infernal Devices is the best series by Cassandra Clare, I’m not saying I don’t like Mortal Instruments. No, I do, but with Infernal Devices it’s totally different feelings and emotions. I guess the Victorian London also does a lot in the suspense and character development. Are you ready to go on a journey with the Shadowhunters from London Institute? Follow a young girl – Theresa Gray on her journey from New York to London to follow her brother. Immerse yourself in the secrets that her powers are going to bring and get to know those who are the ancestors of out favourite characters, or are they truly/ but do not forget that the darkness is always lurking nearby and it is going to be truly hard to fight the enemy – “The Magister” but first of all Tessa, Will and Jem need to find out his/her identity.

Met the characters that has already grown on us, such as Magnus Bane and Lady Belcourt. And don’t forget that all characters are holding some deadly secrets that may ruin not only the relationships but other people too. Enjoy the beginning of a fantastic Love Triangle, and shout at some characters for their stupidity. I won’t be disclosing the names, you’ll know as soon as you start reading. They’re easy to spot. But trust me all the characters are fantastic in their own way. Everyone has the good and  the bad side and you’ll see the humanity at its rawest in every character, be it human or something else.

Get ready for a fascinating ride through friendship, love, betrayal and sorrow and deadly secrets! Enjoy it t its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below. Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! I’ll be reviewing the two following books very soon. Don’t miss your next favouirte book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

Rating:


Characters   5/5
Writing         5/5
Cover            5/5
Plot                4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment