Monday 16 November 2015

Manga Review: I'm Mama, You're Papa by Mi-Ri Hwang




Title: I'm Mama, You're Papa
Original Title: Nan Eomma Nun Appa
Author: Mi-Ri Hwang
Artist: Mi-Ri Hwang

Year of Release: 2011
Genres: Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Status: Completed (Translation Ongoing)
Chapters (Translated in English): 46

Volumes & Chapters: 

9 Volumes Translation Completed


Summary


A plain highschool girl, Sun-Nam Bae.

She wanted to be free for once in her life, and decided to rebel. But the result of such rebellion.... being a mom?!

"Who the heck are you? Where did a ugly pumpkin like this roll in from? You think I was born a man, just to live with a ugly girl like you?"

Bravely standing her ground against a spoiled young master, Chun-Doong Mah, with her child. Chun-Doong and Sun-Nam's tumultuous diary of raising a child!!


My Thoughts


Review covers 44 chapters 

Hi, everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I have another work by Hwang Mi-Ri. Yep, it’s one of those, which I read while interested in the author. This one as always drew me in with its title. I thought it would be similar to either Love So Life or at least Penguin Love. But even though it was about raising kids it had many other interesting ideas woven into it. One surely was teenage pregnancy and another was solely dedicated to family issue. To say the truth the kid does appear but we do not really see him, though in the latest chapters, he’s been appearing more and more and actually playing his role of a matchmaker.

I believe the one of the main themes that the author stresses is family issue. There are two types of families, one the girl’s family made me sick to the core, they were using their kid to gain money. There are many moments when I flipped and screamed at my tablet. I wish no one to experience the same feelings and attitude that the girl received. Her own family didn’t help her, when her son was dying and why is that, because the results said that it was not the rich guy’s kid. I just wanted to become a character for a minute and just give them a beating. And as soon as the results in their favour came they again remembered that it was their grandkid.

On the other hand we have the guy’s family. The only normal person was grandfather, others? I just wanted to mince them. I mean, I get it you didn’t want such a daughter-in-law, but come on, that baby us your kid’s child. At least treat him nice. And if you want to make the mother leave, try something else, but not bullying. Mother was someone that just ticked me off as soon as she appears. She was also the one who came into the family and she was holding herself as f she was born there. I knew she would try to turn the girl into a maid as soon as the grandfather left, but actually saying that her cooking sucked, just die.

Now some words about the father of the kid. Well, he acts like an absolute jerk, though he’s developing some feelings towards the mother. They’re still in progress and there have been new chapters coming out lately, meaning we will see some development soon. Well, he grew like a character and a person in my eyes when he shouted at noona for not looking at his kid. At least the guy had balls to shout like that at the girl he’s in love with. But now let me talk a bit about the main character – the mother of the kid. I think she’s the best character there. Even though was on her side all the time, sometimes her naivety killed me. But at the same time she did have her own opinion and if we can say thus, the girl had balls. When she forbade her “husband” to come near their kid after an accident, I was proud of her. To say the truth she is the most pitiable character there, however, in the latest chapters, when more people warm up to her, she is getting better. I remember at one point, I just shouted at her saying that it would have been better of she took all her money, went to another city and lived happily with her kid alone. I mean, I would have doe that I her place, no one really was happy with her.

Well, I’m off to wait for new chapters. I hope you’ll take it up. You will enjoy it for its complexity and many read like issues that the author stresses. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thought below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga. Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment