Thursday 1 October 2015

Manga Review : My Neighbour by Nanba Atsuko




Title: My Neighbour 
Original Title: Tonari no Atashi
Author: Nanba Atsuko
Artist: Nanba Atsuko

Year of Release: 2008
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 38

Volumes & Chapters: 10 volumes

Volume 1 Chapters 1-4              Volume 6 Chapters 21-24
Volume 2 Chapters 5-8              Volume 7 Chapters 25-28
Volume 3 Chapters 9-12            Volume 8 Chapters 29-32
Volume 4 Chapters 13-16           Volume 9 Chapters 33-36
Volume 5 Chapters 17-20           Volume 10 Chapters 37-38.2



Summary


Nina's neighbor, Kyousuke, is starting high school while she's still stuck in junior high. Just walking to their nearby schools together isn't enough for her--especially since they keep running into Yuiko: a beautiful, outgoing girl in Kyousuke's grade who also seems to harbor feelings for Nina's next-door neighbor.

My Thoughts


Review covers 38 chapters 

Hello everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I have a manga, which I enjoyed a lot when I first read and well even after second reading I enjoyed it a lot too. Well, that might be due to me forgetting half of the things that happened, but while I was reading I was remembering too, and it didn’t really lose its moment of revelation. I seriously forgot whom the girl chose at the end. In the very beginning I thought that the story would take the similar twist as in “No Longer Heroine”. But well, it didn’t.

All the characters are very interesting and especially their interactions. Every character has a story to tell and at the end of the whole manga there’s even more to tell. It would have been really interesting to make a sequel about Nina and Shun; there were lot of moments of them, but still ¾ if the story Nina is madly n love with Kou. To say the truth, it was not the first time that the story ended in such a manner, but it was definitely the first time I agreed with the choice. What I mean here, is pretty simple, Kou was an absolute let down as a guy. It was quite simple to guess that he really did love Nina, but he waited and waited and even started going out with Yuiko… I mean, what the heck? You finally admit your feelings when she kinda moves on? Though I actually understand him. Both of them were too used to each other, their relationship was already developed, however, and I mean it, I wished until the 8th volume that Nina would end up with Kou. But at the moment Shun was acting as a lot better guy, so I switched. I loved Kou for the final chapter, when he pushes Nina to tell her real feelings.

A character, which I despised with my whole being was Yuiko. I was okay with her in the 1st chapter, but as soon as her “I-thought-I-liked-you” attitude came up in chapter 2, I was shaking. She was just using Kou to fulfill her need to be N1. If you ask me, if she didn’t kiss him, Nina and Kou might have had a full chance at giving their relationship a go.  Thought she was also the one who pushed Nina to tell Kou her feelings. I guess it’s a complicated situation, but I still don’t like her. She had to work on their relationship and not whine al the time. Look at Shun, he made Nina fall in love with him and they’re keeping their relationship even thought they’re in different schools.

I believe this manga is best described with one word: Love. The author gives us lots of cases if love, and gives even more relationships. The author as if gives a nudge to all of those who are in an unrequited love to speak of their feelings. It’s better to be late then sorry, though it’s not so good to be late too. I believe this work will raise your spirits a lot; it did so for me. I lived every page of it and it was the same when I re-read it. There are many everyday situations with fun moments, but there are also some sad ones, though the happy ones always override them.

I hope you’ll find some time on your busy schedule to read this great story. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga. Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment