Tuesday 22 September 2015

Book Review: Teardrop by Lauren Kate (Teardrop #1)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Teardrop

Author: Lauren Kate

Publication Date: 23 October 2013

Publisher: Delacorte Books 








Summary:


Never, ever cry...

Seventeen-year-old Eureka won't let anyone close enough to feel her pain. After her mother was killed in a freak accident, the things she used to love hold no meaning. She wants to escape, but one thing holds her back: Ander, the boy who is everywhere she goes, whose turquoise eyes are like the ocean. And then Eureka uncovers an ancient tale of romance and heartbreak, about a girl who cried an entire continent into the sea. Suddenly her mother's death and Ander's appearance seem connected, and her life takes on dark undercurrents that don't make sense. Can everything you love be washed away?


My Thoughts:


Hello everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I’m covering my favourite author’s – Lauren Kate’s new series – Teardrop. You can argue all you want about Lauren being my favourite author, and I have yet to review her books. Sorry about that, when the fallen series were on my shelf I was not a blogger. But I promise I’ll review the latest book, which has yet to be released, or already is but I forgot to get it. But let me get back to this series.

First of all, this week is solely dedicated to this series, meaning on Friday there will be the 2nd book covered and on Sunday the short story. I remember I was ecstatic when I heard that Lauren Kate would be writing new series, and I got the first book and short novella as soon as they were published. However, I do not know why I didn’t start it, waiting for the book to be published first. And as I got the second book only this week, I’m proudly reading and reviewing them on my blog. I enjoyed this book. I admit not on 5 leaves, but I enjoyed it immensely. I liked the characters, but what I really loved was the plot. The idea of the book is fantastic and even though I’m a big fallen fan, I think these books will become author’s trump card. But I still need to read the second book to know for sure. As always I got swept up in the writing and I was shouting “another 5 minutes” every time I was asked to a dinner table by my granny. The author’s language is fantastic as well as her ability to showcase raw feelings. I was not a bystander, but I lived in Eureka in the book. The idea of the book of Love was great and I liked how the fate intervened between the Atlantis and Eureka.

Maybe it’s me, but if we compare Luce’s (Fallen) and Eureka’s origins, Eureka’s was quite predictable, what do I mean? Well, in fallen series Luce being an angle was a shock for me, I apologize to anyone who hasn’t read fallen series and I just spoilt you a major secret. But that what I mean, with Eureka for her lineage revelation was just a confirmation of all my ideas gathered along reading. There were many issues that made me doubt the sensibility of some of the characters, one is definitely Reka’s Dad. What the hell was wrong with the man? Couldn’t he stand up to his wife? But then again I will leave many other issues untouched, as I want you to read them for yourself.

If you haven’t read this book I would advise you to start it right away. It’s fascinating and you can’t stop reading once you’re hooked. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie


My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment