Friday 18 September 2015

Book Review: Let the Storms Break by Shannon Messanger (Sky Fall #2)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Let the Storms Break

Author: Shannon Messanger

Publication Date: 4 March 2014

Publisher: Simon Pulse








Summary:


Whirlwind romance and breathtaking action continues in the sequel to Let the Sky Fall, which Becca Fitzpatrick called “charged and romantic.” 

Vane Weston is haunted. By the searing pull of his bond to Audra. By the lies he’s told to cover for her disappearance. By the treacherous winds that slip into his mind, trying to trap him in his worst nightmares. And as his enemies grow stronger, Vane doesn’t know how much longer he can last on his own.

But Audra’s still running. From her past. From the Gales. Even from Vane, who she doesn’t believe she deserves. And the farther she flees, the more danger she finds. She possesses the secret power her enemy craves, and protecting it might be more than she can handle—especially when she discovers Raiden’s newest weapon.

With the Gale Force weakened by recent attacks, and the power of four collapsing, Vane and Audra are forced to make a choice: keep trusting the failing winds, or turn to the people who’ve betrayed them before. But even if they survive the storms sent to destroy them, will they have anything left to hold on to?


My Thoughts:


Hi guys and welcome back to Katie’s corner! Today I have a book, which has been on my reading list as soon as it came out and that’s more than a year ago. To say the truth I got it quite fast but something kept me from reading it, I mean I got to read half and then my exams took over and I totally forgot about it. But then, like in the beginning of summer I made a list of which books I should finish first. If you look at the list you’ll see a number of the best sellers of 2014 and are the last installments of this or that series.

But enough with my too long to read & currently reading list of books. It’s time I share what I thought about the book. I liked it, I even liked it more than he first one. Definitely because there was more information on the world and we got to see some of that cruel mind of Raiden’s. What I loved most that for the half of the book we have two separate lines. In both books we have two POVs: Vane’s and Audra’s. But both characters fully came to their capacity in the second book. It’s as if we have two different story lines that intertwine together. Both Audra and Vane have their separate quests to complete and it seems as if when they complete them they can reunite. But nothing goes the way we expected. Raiden has more devious tricks up his sleeve and some of his new weapons are plain cruel. And he’s stuck with the idea to make Vane teach him Westerly.

Audra and Vane’s love is yet to be tested. First with the appearance of Solana and with Raiden finding out the secret of her knowing the 4th language. Will it survive? That’s up to you to find out. If you’re new to the series, you’ll find it intriguing, how many books are there about people, okay supernaturals controlling wind? Not many rig, right? I can’t remember any except this one. Are you ready to dive in the world of Sylphs? Into their history and battles? If yes, then the vast new world is yours to explore, and I’m saying goodbye for now, and waiting for the 3rd and hopefully the final installment in this series.

Get to know Audra and Vane. They’re great characters, a bit eccentric, especially Audra, but nevertheless intriguing to read about! Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment