Tuesday 2 June 2015

Book Review : The Blackwell Family Secret: The Guardians of Sin by Jonathan L. Ferrara



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: The Blackwell Family Secret: The Guardians of Sin

Author: Jonathan L. Ferrara

Publication Date: 5 December, 2014

Publisher: Dragonwell Publishing

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:


Nicholas Blackwell has no idea he is supposed to fulfill a destiny. All he knows is that he draws trouble like a magnet. Orphaned at seven when two demonic men killed his parents, he copes with the strict rules of his new home, St. Christopher’s academy, unaware that he has been the real target for the killers and that his guardian angel has saved him in the nick of time. And now, his problems are only beginning when a mysterious serpent lures him into the woods and tricks him into a demonic ritual that will unleash the Seven Deadly Sins to destroy the humankind. Nicholas has no choice but to correct his mistake--or die trying.

Aided by Amy, a shy but determined girl who seems to know more about his task than she should, Nicholas's quest is to travel into the City of Demonio and defeat the Seven Guardians of Sin. To succeed, he must confront demons, monsters, and lost souls, learn the mysteries of the Chapel of Dreams, discover the true meaning of friendship and love, and face the darkest secret of all: the Blackwell Family Secret.
 


My Thoughts:


Hello everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I have quite a nice book for you. If I am not mistaken this is a first book in the series, through I do not know how the next books will go on. I do have my hypothesis. But let me get back to the story. To be honest I was expecting something different, maybe something like “Sweet Evil” by Wendy Higgins. And throughout the book I had this weird feeling that Nicholas (that’s the protagonist) won the battles too easily. Somewhere in the middle of the book I shouted waking up my small brother. I mean, were those really demons? I don’t know about you, but I’m used to the demons, which do not really care and eat humans. (Book demons, not that I really see them) There was a court, I am serious the demons voted should Nicholas and Amy be killed or continue their journey to defeat the princes of Hell.

Another thing that made me think, “how the hell did that happen?” was the “love” between Nicholas and Amy. I knew something like that was coming, but I never saw a spark between them. I didn’t really get how they fell in love; I can tolerate Nicholas’s like for love, but Amy, really? That just came out of nowhere. It was like: “oh, we forgot to add love, let’s make Amy blurt out that she loves Nicholas!” Okay, one last thing and I shut up. I do not know about you, but for me the Blackwell secret was quite simple to figure out. If you read the book carefully you’ll figure it out pretty fast.

Even if I’m saying all that, the book is really great. I mean, the idea that Lucifer fell because of love for a woman, a big plus for the book, but when I read that Gabriel the archangel was easily captured, I was like: “huh?! Isn’t he a freaking archangel and wasn’t the Prince of Hell weakened?” Well, that doesn’t really matter now. I believe this book will be very interesting for kids aged 6-15. At that age they will not really ask for what I’m asking, right now. However, if you are looking for something to help blow off your frustration, this is your book. It’s fast paced, has a bunch of mysteries and lots of adventures. I haven’t unraveled all the secrets, so you have a lot to find out for yourself. I promise, it’s going to be fun. And you’ll definitely love one character. Can’t say his name, but he’s the best.

I hope you’ll take this book up to read and will have fun. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned to Katie’s Corner for more reviews as well as promos. Grab your copy now and happy reading!

XOXO


Katie


My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment