Thursday 7 May 2015

Manga Review: The Strange Inhabitants of the Infirmary by Satoshi Morie





Title: The Strange Inhabitants of the Infirmary 
Original Title: Houkenshitsu no Kimiyouna Juunin
Author: Satoshi Morie
Artist: Satoshi Morie

Year of Release: 2007 
Genres: One Shot, Romance, Psychological, Drama, School Life, 

Status: Completed / One Shot 
Chapters (Translated in English): 1

Volumes & Chapters: 

One shot from the second volume of School Hotel Chapter 7.5




Summary

"I want to be kind to someone, anyone, it doesn't matter. I just want to be kind. but I can never be kind to her...."

A tyrant, a chemist and a gentleman, these are the inhabitants of the school infirmary.

My Thoughts


Review covers 1 chapter


Hello everyone! Welcome back to Katie’s Corner and to my marathon of Satoshi Morie’s works. Today I have a really interesting one shot for you. If I am not mistaken, it was not published alone like some other one shots I will be covering throughout this month. This one shot was at the end of the second volume of School Hotel. If you haven’t read it go here for my review of it. For those who read on Mangafox it’s chapter 7.5.

Now, let’s go back to the plot. As always the plot is confusing at the beginning but it is always interesting. The characters are greatly built and are there 20 pages or 200 pages you can never say that they lacked either development or description. The very first pages are already promising. And the one shot never disappoints. We have two siblings, who are not really siblings. They are linked by strong emotions, but is it hatred or love? Why is it that Seiji is seeking someone with whom he can be kind to? What is the secret that their family holds?





I liked the manga immensely. I think as soon as I finished it, I reread it about 2 or 3 times. I felt the pain of the characters. Through the black & white pages I could hear the silent screams of both Seiji and Hiyu. I could see how much they longed for each other and how great their self-control was to discard their own feelings as if they did not exist. But could they discard them for always? Or would their feelings resurface in a place or time that would be crucial for both of them?



I hope you will stay tuned to my marathon of Satoshi Morie’s mangas and may even find your next favourite book. Hope you will enjoy it to its fullest. Happy reading and if you liked this amazing one shot don’t forget to share your thoughts!

XOXO


Katie


Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment