Monday 14 October 2013

Book Review : Pretty Dark Nothing by Heather L. Reid


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Pretty Dark Nothing

Author:  Heather L. Reid

Publication Date: 23 April, 2013

Publisher:  Month9books

Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble






Summary:


It’s been twenty three days since Quinn has slept for more than minutes at a time. Demons have invaded her dreams, stalking her, and whispering of her death. The lack of sleep and crippling fear are ruining her life. Energy drinks and caffeine pills don’t make a dent. When Quinn dozes off in the school hallway, Aaron, an amnesiac with a psychic ability, accidentally enters her nightmare. The demons are determined to keep them apart, and Aaron from discovering the secret locked away in his memory. Together, they could banish the darkness back to the underworld for good. That is, unless the demons kill them first.


My Thoughts:


I got the book through NetGalley...

As soon as I laid my eyes in this book in NetGalley catalogue, I wanted desperately to read it. And when after 2 or 3 days wating for confirmation were really awful. And when I go it I was really happy. Though I still had to finish one of my other books, but as soon as I did I got my hands in this one.

Let me tell you one something, and don't forget anything I say. Sometimes nightmares really are things that lead people to crazy acts. I loved the book. I loved Quinn, even though I sometimes I did want to slap her, but still I was so desperate to help her overcome demons' influence, and when I got to the end I really did want to slap not only Quinn but Aaron too, and mostly Jeff. It wasn't the fisrt time I wished the book end differently And as it ended like it did now, I am super craving to know what will happen next. Because when Quinn will find out Aaron's "little" secret (and I am not revealing it) she will definitely want to end her life again, and please let it be for good. Not that I don't like her, but that will definitely lead to more good. I guess those who have read the book will understand me. If you haven't read it, go grab your copy, like right now!!!! But bak to the point. I want to ask everybody a question. What will you choose : Life which will be full of torment and knowing that everything wants you dead or actual Death where there is peace but it's still Pretty Dark Nothing? Consider yourself in Quinn's shoes and give an honest answer.

And to conclude my review I would like to describe my least favourite character and some of the worst whiny moments of Quinn. You would think that my least favourite character is Kerstin, huh, guess you are wring. I really despised Jeff. He was such a coward. And I really do hate cowards. And I really hated and wanted to slap Quinn when she was moping around crying : "Jeff, I love you, I need you... blah blah : I wanted to morph into that scene and beat the crap out of her. But I guess she managed to live withought me interfearing.

I would highly recommend this book especially to teens, because its like a selfdiscovery. Everyone struggles with demons inside us, and somethimes they win. We sometimes have such breakdowns and we really want to end our lives , but despite that we always have to remember that there is a purpose why we are on this earth. That life is not honey sometimes and maybe even mostly it's sour like lemons. But it's life and we need to live it. Because after every despair and torture there is always relief.

Happy reading anyone who considers reading this book. I do think that you will enjoy it. And as always don't forget to leave comments, so that I would know what you think!!!! :))



My Rating:


Characters  4/5
Writing        4/5
Cover          4/5
Plot              4/5





No comments:

Post a Comment