Saturday 19 October 2013

Book Review : House of Hades by Rick Riordan (Heroes of Olympus #4)



 Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  House of Hades 

Author:  Rick Riordan 

Publication Date:  8 Oct, 2013

Publisher:  Hyperion Books







Summary:


 At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven will be able to seal the Doors both sides and prevent the giants from raising Gaea. But, Leo wonders, if the Doors are sealed, how will Percy and Annabeth be able to escape?

They have no choice. If the demigods don’t succeed, Gaea’s armies will never die. They have no time. In about a month, the Romans will march on Camp Half-Blood. The stakes are higher than ever in this adventure that dives into the depths of Tartarus.


My Thoughts:


I love Percy Jackson Series, will it be Olympians or Heroes of Olympus. Rick is an amazing writer, and after reading Mark of Athena nearly one year ago, and being left at an amazing cliffhanger, I was more than ready to start this one. I got the book nearly in two days after it was published ( guess being a kindle reader has its perks ) but I really tried to prolong the read, why? Because the final book is in another year, and I just couldn't stand that I had to wait so long, but as always my impatience got me, and I finished the book. I had high hopes for it, but what I read was amazing. 

As we all know ( or maybe not all ) The Mark of Athena leaves us with Percy and Annabeth falling in Tartarus, and other Argo II members going to Epirus ( To the Door's of Death ) without them in order to meet them on the other side. It was one of the most perfect, thrilling and of course heartbreaking cliffhangers ever. The Chapters are divided between all characters, though the narrator is still author, I myself don't remember when Rick switched his style to Author Narration, I do remember that the very first book "Percy Jackson and The lightning Thief" was from  Percy's point of view. But this way, we experience them all. And it is really interesting. Some of the secrets will leave you dumbstruck, but you will manage to think straight though. When I read Nico's secret I was speechless but I can't change it and won't. 

Getting to know Annabeth and Percy's journey though Tartarus is something amazing and horrifying all together. You will even meet Tartarus himself, and ever hear of expression there are good Titans and Giants? No? That's bad, because you will meet them, and you will love them ( I am not kidding ). And your heart will break a little bit when you will see that it didn't work out as planned in the beginning. You will see how every character faces his/her fears and if they succseed or not, you will see how some of them develop new powers, sometiems terrifing powers. And you will get a little bit closer to understanding the Prophecy of Seven, and sometimes when you see something the characters don't you will shout and curse them to see it. You will see all the pain and despair which they will encounter on their way. And you will definately agree to Frank when he states an idea of throwing Octavian in the pit. ( No kidding but I have the guy to the core ). 

Mainly what I wanted to say is that you will Love the book, and when you finish it you will be craving for the last one, or maybe that's just me??? But the point is, that it is an amazing work of fiction, and it sucks to from the first page. to prolong the waiting I guess my advice will be to read the 3 previous books, why? It has been so long since I read them that I forgot some of the details. I hope you will enjoy the book as much as I did, and Happy Reading. Don't forget to leave comments. :))) 


My Rating:

Characters  5/5
Writing       5/5
Cover         4/5
Plot            5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment