Friday 5 August 2016

Book Review: Evertrue by Brodi Ashton (Everneath #3)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Evertrue

Author: Brodi Ashton 

Publication Date: 21 January 2014

Publisher: Balzer + Bray 







Summary:


Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die.

Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible. Even Cole, who they expected to fight them at every turn, has become an unlikely ally — but how long can it last? Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him — and together, they must travel back to the Underworld to undo Nikki’s fate and make her mortal once more. But Cole isn’t the only one with plans for Nikki: the Queen has not forgotten Nikki’s treachery, and she wants her destroyed for good. Will Nikki be forced to spend eternity in the Underworld, or does she have what it takes to bring down the Everneath once and for all?

In this stunning conclusion to the Everneath trilogy, Brodi Ashton evokes the resiliency of the human spirit and the indomitable power of true love.


My Thoughts:


Don't forget to join the fun on 19th of August! Join the 3rd blogaversary for Katie's Corner Here!

Let’s see… I was really looking forward to the last part, however, kill me, I didn’t enjoy such ending at all. First of all, if you have yet to start this series, check out my reviews for Everneath and Everbound. And don’t forget the review or the Novella – Neverfall will come out next Friday. Okay, first of all, let’s remember where we were left off. I was finally having my dreams come true that Nikki will end up with Cole, but as always he messed up, and Nikki ended with plotting a revenge plan against Everneath. If you ask me quite stupid, but who cares about my thoughts here?

‘kay, let’s not forget that our protagonist Nikki ended up becoming an everliving and because of her everlasting love for Jack ended up a number of lives. Now, let’s agree on one thing. I’ll be bitching about Nikki’s and Cole’s relationship, therefore if you do not want to read any spoiler, you can browse something else on the blog. Now, for those of you who stayed thank you and let’s start my ramblings. *laughs. As you all might know, I was a total team Cole and even with him being dead I’m still team Cole. Once again sorry for the spoiler, the world truly lost an awesome character. Cole was not your normal villain. He was as I call it a charming villain, the one who just gets into your bones and doesn’t let go. Whatever you might say, but I never really liked Jack. He was about if a bland character who just couldn’t get a notice from me.

I liked Nikki even a bit in the previous books, okay no, I loved her, but once she got on with her whole vendetta I just forsake her and got onto team Cole with an even bigger ticket. Let’s just say that no matter how I just couldn’t understand her and her fixation on her humanity. I mean in the end her humanity didn’t do her any good, yes she might have “helped” hundreds of lives by destroying Everneath, but at the same time the idea of Everneath was justified in some ways, yes, you’ll thin that I’m a sociopath, but nevertheless, I defend the idea of those seeking the end to get the end. I hope you’ll find some time to read this great story. It is a story that will give you a lot to munch on, both self-educational as socially understandable. Enjoy it to your fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below in the comments! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book o manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

P.S.
I really want to contact the author with an enraging email as to why she killed my favourite character. I never loved a so-called villain as much as I did love Cole. *Sobs *starts her mourning period…


My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment