Thursday 10 March 2016

Manga Review: Legend of Nereid by Mi-Ri Hwang




Title: Legend of Nereid
Original Title: Legend of Nereid
Author: Mi-Ri Hwang
Artist: Mi-Ri Hwang

Year of Release: 2000
Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Gender Bender, Historical, Shoujo, Romance, Tragedy

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 90

Volumes & Chapters: 

15 Volumes in Total 

Mangafox – Goodreads

Summary


Another fantasy title, this story intertwines with the Greek Gods. An oracle prophesies that the current heir to the throne will be usurped, and is forced to name who will be the usurper. He lies, and sacrifices an innocent soul instead--due to his lie, this changes the life of the 15 year-old girl, Matia.

My Thoughts


Review covers 90 chapters 

What the hell was that? Just last month I was jumping from joy when I read Crazy Girl Shin Bia, because it had a normal ending for Mi-Ri Hwang’s works. But no, I thought this one would have at least a normal ending, but nope this ending absolutely disappointed me. I was tented to throw my tablet across the room, but I just love my tablet too much for this. I mean couldn’t the author at least put Martia and General together? There was that awkward hint, that he seeked her when he was hurt, but come on, for 90 chapters I was wanting those two to finally be together, but nope I only got: “use your imagination”

But let me get back to the beginning. The story is really interesting. It reminded me in some part of Red River, but only because the characters were greatly developed. All characters are fantastic in their own way. General, I loved and hated him at the same time. I understood that he loved Attica as much as he loved Matia, but when he chose Attica over her I was absolutely devastated, though he really made me happy when he rushed to her side after 3 years. Their love is really something that I enjoyed reading about. Especially in the first volumes, where they are just getting to know each other. Another character that was really fantastic was the prince Tyon and Lomodeos. Their BL relationship was really something to munch on, especially if we remember that they might be brothers. Yup, there are all types of relationships there and characters. And trust me you would like to get to know all of them.

Are you ready for this fascinating historical romance? Don’t mind the ending, in the overview the story is really good! Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below. Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment