Thursday 21 January 2016

Manga Review: Honey Hunt by Miki Aihara




Title: Honey Hunt
Original Title: Honey Hunt
Author: Miki Aihara
Artist: Miki Aihara

Year of Release: 2006
Genres: Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Status: Hiatus / Ongoing
Chapters (Translated in English): 30

Volumes & Chapters: 

6 volumes, Currently on hiatus


Summary


Life's not easy when you're living in the shadow of your famous parents. Can shy Yura, the daughter of an award-winning composer and a world-renowned actress, find the courage to step out on her own now that her super-celebrity parents are getting divorced?

My Thoughts


Review covers 30 chapters 

And as always I’m cursing myself for not checking the status of the manga before I started reading it. Well, truth be told, I did check it and thought it was completed, but it appears that the author just dropped the project and here I was having so much fun reading it, especially it was getting somewhere very interesting.

This story is nothing special. However, it held my interest through out the story and I never once wanted to put it down. So haters hate it, but I really enjoyed it and was pissed a lot because apparently the author dropped the project and there have not been any news if she is going to continue it. As I have already mentioned the plot is not all that unique, it’s a crossover of Skip Beat! and Allegro Agitato. However, the only similarities that I have found was that like in Skip beat the story is about acting and it has that small similarity in mother and daughter relationship like in Allegro Agitato. But its not all that escalated. Okay, enough with the whole compassion. I liked the tory a lot. It was fun. Even though I am not a bug fan of harems, I’m series it’s always driving me crazy how the girl gets all that attention while she was a total wallflower for the past years. Doesn’t that piss you off too? But here I was having lots of fun just reading how the guys were coming to terms actually liking Yura. I still have a hard time coping with the choice that Yura made. But then again she fell in love with a wrong guy. And it’s really a pity as the story ends on a cliffhanger and I am so pining for her to end up with Haruka. They would make an awesome couple.

The issue that I want to focus attention today is Yura’s mother. You despise the woman right from the beginning. The way she treats her daughter is awful. And I don’t know if you will think of her differently, but I certainly felt pity towards her when her story is told. She was too vain and even though I do not like how she treats Yura, I still understand her some parts she wanted to be the center of everyone’s attention; her husband’s especially. But the was more in love with his daughter then her, but then again it was understandable. He did marry her only because she was pregnant. She never achieved the love of her husband, but taking it out on Yura was a bit too much.

I guess I confused you too much, but hopefully I did intrigue you so you will read the story and understand what I’m talking about. I’ll go read the story and understand what I’m talking about. I’ll go and whail I the hopes of getting some news from the author. I really want to know how it all ends. It’s not fun just imagining. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below. Especially tell me whom you are rooting for! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment