Tuesday 8 December 2015

Book Review: Dark Prophet by K.N. Lee (The Chronicles of Koa #2)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Dark Prophet 

Author: K. N. Lee

Publication Date: 12 March 2014

Publisher: CreateSpace

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:


Book Two of the Best-Selling Novel, The Chronicles of Koa: Netherworld

Not all vampires are created equal...
Koa is a half-blood vampire with not only the ability to fly, but survive in the sun's light. She will do anything to protect her mother, and break her curse. The demon, Bund, wants more than her mother's life. He wants something from Koa, a power that she doesn't even know she has, and will rip through as many humans as he can to get her to surrender.

Agent Koa Ryeo-won, and her boss, Halston, formed a crew of supernatural agents to stop Bund. But is a prophet, a temptress, a War-Breeder, a half-blood with an enchanted sword, and a few angels enough to stop what Bund has planned?

In the midst of a war between the humans of the mortal world, and the creatures of the Netherworld, Koa discovers the truth of her past. She finds herself torn between two men, and in the center of everything. Faced with all of her returned memories, Koa also finds herself more powerful than ever. Being a half-blood is hard enough, but what exactly is Koa's other half?

The truth can save...or destroy everything. 

Will the Netherworld Division stand behind Koa once they learn her secret?



My Thoughts:


Hello everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I’m having a book, which has been on my currently reading list for about a year. Yes, this one is from the series that I started but unexpectedly stopped reading near the end of the book. This is a second book in the series, and if you haven’t read the first one yet, you can find the review as well as the link right here!

I enjoyed it a lot as many secrets were unraveled. We got to see Koa in different situations, and of course reading about the Netherworld was simply fantastic. New and fascinating characters; some major plans to rule over human kind, duty and honor, love and ambitions. Everything is in this book. You name it, and of course a good chunk of action to top all of that! Were you as determined as me to read the second book? If so, what are you waiting for? There’s a third book coming out soon, or it has already been released? Well, let me just tell you one thing. I went to kick Koa’s ass for choosing Halston. I mean it in every possible way! I just reread my review for the first book and even there I was not all that fond of him. I was team Jax before he even appeared!

I guess he earned some points at the end of the book, but he still lost them as soon as he disappeared. One thing that I didn’t get was why the author made him so ridiculously strong as soon as he transformed. I would have loved to see a full-blown battle between him and Bund. The book is a good sequel, and no matter what you say there’s still a lot to discuss in 3rd book, especially Raven’s heritage! I hope you enjoy it to your fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie


My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment