Monday 14 September 2015

Manga Review : The Guy Who Will Give a Kiss for 5000 Won by Mi-Ri Hwang


Title: The Guy Who Will Give a Kiss for 5000 Won 
Original Title: 
Author: Mi-Ri Hwang
Artist: Mi-Ri Hwang

Year of Release: 2010
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, 

Status: Completed (Translation in Progress)
Chapters (Translated in English): 22

Volumes & Chapters: 

Volume 1 Chapters 1-3             Volume 4 Chapters 13-16          Volume 7  Translation in progress 
Volume 2 Chapters 4-7              Volume 5 Chapters 17-20
Volume 3 Chapters 8-12            Volume 6  Translation in progress



Summary


'Recently, the social evils have not disappeared yet and they are even contagious into the school' is what Soo Yung believes, little does she know that the 'accidental' first kiss on the school roof leaves her running/craving for more!

My Thoughts


Review covers 35 chapters 

Hi everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I have a manhwa review for you, but I still put it into the manga corner, sorry for that. I don’t know what happened to me one day, but I just started to read all Hwang Mi-Ri’s works. The first time I read and reviewed for work was back in June as I remember. First of all, let me give a small advice, never, never read any of her works one after another. Even though this is a pen name for many Korean authors, still there are too many similarities and you get confused. Even though I tried to read one work by a different author and then another it still gave me a headache keeping all characters in my head. But if you want to try, please, be my guest, but remember I did warn you about it.

Okay, let me get back to the story, but first another confession. This manhwa has been stopped translating I the middle of the 6th volume (there are 7volumes in total), though I found some raws (in Korean) and read them, therefore, it actually is completed but the status is ongoing. So, the truth is that I just looked at the pictures, not really being able to get what was happening, I mean, I couldn’t read what they were sating, understanding was not all that hard, so if you do take up this translation, just message me or find raws on Google, sorry for this.

I actually took this story only because the title and summary intrigued me. And my expectations were not ruined. I enjoyed the whole relationship development and the character development too. It was fun reading and I looked forward a lot to the next page to know what was gong to happen. This time there were not many fights, as it is common for all the other works I’ve read. So it was I nice change. Also, the girl was not all that stupid, she had some brains and actually understood what dating meant (refer to Habituated with a Kiss). The idea of selling lips was very unique and was nicely developed. You will hate how it ends with the two breaking up (they live happily ever after, but that’s in volume 7) and you’ll definitely seek the missing chapters.

I hope you’ll find some time to read this nice romantic story. It does have a lot of twists and turns, which make the story even more fascinating to read. Oh and sorry for not stating names, I get still confused with them and can’t really remember. Enjoy it to the fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews and promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment