Monday 29 June 2015

Manga Review : In Love With You by Saki Aikawa




Title: In Love With You 
Original Title: Kimi to Koi no Tochuu
Author: Saki Aikawa
Artist: Saki Aikawa

Year of Release: 2010
Genres: Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Status: Completed (translation in progress)
Chapters (Translated in English): 9
Volumes & Chapters: 3

Volume 1 Chapters 1-5.5
Volume 2 Chapters 6-11
Volume 3 Chapters 12-15


Summary


Just when I thought it'd start with you, you disappeared; I would've never thought this...

Yuna has lost trust in love after her first boyfriend Takumi broke up with her. Shiina-kun from her class has already confessed to her twice and now finally she approached onto love another time. But Takumi appears in front of her!! What will the swaying Yuna do!?


My Thoughts


Review covers 15 chapters 


Hello everyone! Welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I have yet another amazing work by Saki Aikawa. It’s called “In Love with You”, and I believe this title best describes this story. This story is absolutely only about love. There are many similar stories, but only Saki Aikawa brought fourth the feelings of the girl who is in between of two guys. I enjoyed Yuna as a character. Normallt I’m never a fan of the love triangles, but here it just took a whole new level of love triangle, which made my heart beat a lot when it was time to make the decision.

The story begins with Yuna and her classmate Hayato giving it a chance at a relationship. Why do I say it like that? Yuna is still not over her ex – Takumi. But when everything is amazing between Yuna and Hayato, and she even tells him that she is in love with him, something has to happen right? Well, Takumi comes back, and if in the very beginning you just hate Takumi for what he did to Yuna, as soon as you understand what had really happened, you can’t hate him anymore. And you will find yourself cheering on him to get Yuna back. Well, that’s for you to find out if he does get her back. There are only 9 chapters translated in English on Mangafox, but as I know Russian I could read the last chapters on a Russian website, however, I’ve read somewhere, that soon the last 6 chapters will also be translated. But, I highly recommend you to start it right now. You’ll love this story a lot.

I think I can’t hold this in, so I have to bitch about Takumi a bit. He’s a good character, but at some point I just wanted to kill him. Who in his right mind tells his girlfriend that some other girl is going to come before her, just because his bike injured her? Dude, it was an accident, and even a total idiot would have guessed that she did it intentionally. But no, he just has an idiot’s mind and tells his girlfriend that! I wonder how much Yuna loved him, to not break up with him because of that. I would have been so furious. But well, you need to read for yourself to understand what I mean by all that.

I hope you will find some time to read this amazing story. It was an amazing roller coaster of feelings for me and I hope you will love it as much as I did. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below. I’m always happy to hear what you think. Stay tuned for more reviews and promos on Katie’s Corner. Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment