Thursday 4 June 2015

Manga Review : Atashi no Bambi by Ozaki Akira



Title: Atashi no Bambi
Original Title: Atashi no Banbi
Author: Ozaki Akira
Artist: Ozaki Akira

Year of Release:  2011
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 4
Volumes & Chapters: 

Volume 1 Chapter 1-4



Summary

Haruko Nanase wasn't always the brightest student, but through sheer hard work she successfully entered a prestigious high school and is at the top of her class. While riding the train one day, she witnesses a fight involving a guy wearing the same uniform as her. When the fight is over, he demands that she pay him a fee for watching it but she escapes. The escape is not to last though, because the next day the guy turns out to be in the same class, and worse, his seat is next to hers. 

My Thoughts


Review covers 4 chapters 

This was a really fun manga to read. It’s not the first time I’m reading Ozaki Akira’s works. The first one was Haru x Kiyo. But to say the truth this one is just superb. I guess it was one of the first works and has a lot of humor in it. Though you may need a bit of time to get use to the way the jokes are made. The characters are amazing. They have these amazing treats about them, that make them stay in your mind for a long time and you just do not want to say goodbye to them.

I fell in love with Haruko from the very first or maybe second page of the manga.



It was just superb and I was laughing out loud a lot. She just reminded me of myself, well, I just liked studying during my school years. Though I was not that nerdy as she was. However, she is a really great character, who just draws you in even if you hate studying. Now let me introduce you our second protagonist – Hachiya Chiharu - for short Idiot from a capital I. He cracked me up from the first time he showed up. Those manners, that idiocy just cracked me up and I couldn’t do anything about it.



You may be a bit disappointed because the romance doesn’t progress all that fast, you may even think it’s an idiots romance. I still have doubts of Hachiya got what Haruko meant when she said they suited each other. The manga was mostly focused on Haruko’s and Hachiya’s school life, their attitudes to studying and well all that miscellaneous stuff. I really had a time of my life while reading it. The small jokes just were to the point. It reminded me of my school years.


I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. Happy reading and don’t forget to share your thoughts with me!

XOXO


Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment