Monday 15 December 2014

Randomness before the sleep

Hi Guys! How's it going? I hope you all missed me and my reviews ๐Ÿ˜„

I don't know if it is the same for everyone, but my best ideas come to me in the shower or before i fall asleep. And as you can guess i remember only 1/4 of them ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Well somehow this is still cirtulating in my brain from yesterday. You may think of me as a sentimental person but i remembered an amazing part from "Spanish Ballad" by Lion Feuchtwanger. Have you read this book? I hope you did and have some good memories from it.

To say the truth i've heard about it from little age from my granny, she was saying that it is one of the greatest stories of love. And she retold me it so many times i kinda knew it by-heart. But then this summer because of an argument i was given the book in flash to read it. And when i finished it, my grandma has a shock of her life when i told her: "I don't really get it. Why is this book the greatest love story ever written?" I think after 5 or 10 minutes of shock she told me: "you should fall in love to understand it!"

If you've read the book you should know that Raquel dies because of her belief in her lover - Alfonso  . What i remembered yesterday was the dialogue between the king of Castille and his right hand. The dialogue takes place after he lost the war and Raquel dies. Alfonso asks his underling why Raquel did not leave the Castle. And the answer is amazing:

"Because you ordered her not to!"

This words had an amazing impact on me when i read them. And even yesterday when i remembered them i was thinking how can a person love the other one to the extent that she will not leave the castle in order to prevent her death, but stay there because her lover told her to wait there for him! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ i don't get it!!!! Do you? If yes please share you thoughts with me! 

You can find the book on Goodreads: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/349424.The_Spanish_Ballad

Hugs and kisses ๐Ÿ˜Š

Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment